Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How I Make Money Online

Note: I did not say "How To", I said "How I". This is how I do it. I don't make a lot (those of you who know me should know that much, at least lol), but I manage to spoil myself from time to time. Aaron's always "It's your money, get yourself something you want" even when I'm trying to get something for him. Ya know, because sometimes I feel bad spoiling myself when he does it so much anyway. But if there's something that's a bit more expensive than I'd normally get, then I don't feel quite so bad if it's free internet money. That, I think, is my first point. All of these sites I'm about to share are free. Second, I know from first-hand experience (or in one case, second hand through my mom) that they do pay out. No scam sites here. Lastly (before I finally get started), all of these sites are virus free. If you're worried about that kind of thing. So, without further ado, here we go.

InboxDollars: I've mentioned this one before. It's one of the first sites I ever joined. You sign up and they send you emails. You click on the email and voila. Money. You can also watch videos, though they don't have nearly as many as they used to. You can also sign up for free (and not so free) offers, or print out coupons. Not only do you get the reduced coupon price on what you're buying, you also get site money once it's confirmed you've used the coupon! So it's like getting money twice. You can request a check at $30 and there is a $3 processing fee (so you get $27 if you cash out at $30), but you get that back. First time I cashed out I didn't request a check, instead I purchased a Gold Membership which affords me "rogue" (people who sign on through a search engine without a member referral) referrals. You also get quicker payment processing with Gold.

SendEarnings: Just like inboxdollars. Almost literally. Except for two differences. This site doesn't have videos, and if you don't sign up for (free or not-so) offers from time to time, they don't send regular paid emails. They send you one weekly paid email that isn't worth as much, but still adds up. I tried signing up for one and it ended up going through my inboxdollars! O_o I still got the money, but I could've gotten more if it "reactivated" my sendearnings account instead.

CashCrate: This one doesn't have emails, but they do have videos. (though, admittedly, they had more before Christmas....) You can get 3cents every day for "checking in", and if you check in every day in a month you get a 50cent bonus. This one pays a check at $20 and also has "offers".

OpinionOutpost: This is a survey site. I was hesitant to include it for a couple of reasons. I'll admit the first is that since they changed the site I couldn't find the referral link and I know there is one! The second is that since they changed it I haven't been able to finish surveys as smoothly as I could before. Not just that I don't qualify, that doesn't bother me as much because you get a chance to win points anyways. It's that the survey site won't forward me back to OpinionOutpost so I can try for the free points! So... it is good, it's how I upgraded Frankenputer and bought myself some really nice toys, but.... join at your own risk, I suppose. Sadly it's been giving me problems.

GameHouse: I've also mentioned this site before, and it doesn't have a referral system (that I'm aware of), but since my mom got her amazon code I feel comfortable adding it here in case you missed it before. It's not a "money" site, it's a game site; but you have a chance to make money. If you don't mind shopping at amazon. Which I don't. You sign up, you get coins; you load up online games, you get coins; you download free trials, you get coins; connect to facebook, coins. Get the picture? It's a slow process, but a $10 or $25 amazon gift card is still free money!

MyPoints: Unfortunately (for me) the referral system on this one works differently and I'd have to send you an email invite and you'd accept through that. If you love me, send me your email so I can refer you! Or you can just click the link and sign up yourself. I'll never know. This is another emails and "offers" site (randomly with videos), but you don't really get money. Like GameHouse, you get points. Then you trade your points for gift cards. Unlike GameHouse they have a ton of gift cards to choose from and several different dollar amounts for the cards. Usually I just cash out at a $10 Walmart card and put that towards Sims, but this time I'm trying for a bit more, and possibly for somewhere not-Walmart. The upside is that they send a decent amount of emails. The downside is that not all of them are worth points. Some are to inform you of point "deals" (usually "get X-amount of points for every dollar spent" at whatever site), and some are for coupons. I've never checked, but you might get points for using the coupons. I don't have a printer so it doesn't matter to me, yet.

I hope that was clear enough. That is how I end up spoiling myself. Free internet monies. If you sign up, remember that every site I can refer you to; you can refer more people, too! Which means more money for you. Most of these take almost no time at all. It takes a while to add up, but a guilt-free treat is always nice. And sometimes you get lucky and have a couple reach their payout at the same time and *BAM* big treat. Now I'm off to play Saints Row the Third until 9am, then I'll wash this crap out of my hair (maybe pictures, not sure yet) and then take my mom to the doctor. Whipee!

18 comments:

  1. Have you tried swagbucks? You can earn digital dollars and redeem them to purchase any of several gift cards, and/or products. I earn most of my swagbucks by searching the web, but there are several ways to earn those digital dollars. You can be my referral if you want. Here is the referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kaay81

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually joined a couple months ago. Thanks, though. I'm totally loving it! I think I make more on that than all the others combined.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I should've poked around your archives before! This is super helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately this one's a bit outdated. GameHouse no longer offers rewards like that. >.<

      Delete
    2. Boo! *updates list* hehe was talking with hubz and I was like (imagine me talking unnecessarily loud due to excitement) DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO SURVEYS ON LINE AND GET PAAAIIIDDD??? hubz - erm...no (prob takes phone away from ear) me - I DID THIS ONE SITE AND GOT TEN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe. Lizzy you've created a monster! ;)

      Delete
    3. Yay!! Definitely try this one out:

      http://www.instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/401637

      It might seem like it adds up slowly, but if you hang on to your 'coins' until you have about 50k you're almost guaranteed to get the $2; I haven't won the $50 (or $100) from the tickets yet, but *fingers crossed* Also, if you have tons of free time they have a "pro" membership (still free) where you can get paid even more doing webcam responses... assuming you have a webcam? It's super quick, though, AND if you can talk other people into signing up they match your referrals earnings exactly! The guy I signed up under makes $30/week without even doing the surveys.

      Delete
    4. OOOH thanks again!!! Hehe I'm such a polish fiend I need to create another source of income to justify my collection :/ (is it responsible when you try to earn extra cash to support your addiction? I'm saying yes. Makes me feel better :D)

      Delete
    5. Also WHAAAT $30 a week?! WOW! *polishes web cam* :)

      Delete
    6. uh oh. Followed your link and got this message 'outside US = no cash prizes on ICS' *kicks dirt* booo to non Canadian friendly sites.

      Delete
  3. Aw man! :( Sorry. Did you sign up for Swagbucks? I know a lot of people complain because *some* features are US only, but I know for a FACT they're international friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet but I will! One good thing your link led me to paidviewpoint.com (international friendly :) ) looks pretty good I may sign up there. *makes Mr Burns fingers* Excellent!

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I wasn't sure about that one. Just signed up on that one this morning. lol Nothing big on there yet, but it seems straightforward enough. And here's my cheeky little swaglink in case ya need it. ;)

      swagbucks.com/refer/scorpiophoenix

      lol

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'll use you're referral link (hope you get points for that!) If you can earn points by referring people I haven't yet signed up for: cash crate, inbox dollars or send earnings so refer me away!

      Delete
    4. The cashcrate referral link is in the post. :) Inboxdollars and Sendearnings I'm closing out as soon as I reach my cashout point. They started off really good, but lately they've changed their policies and if you don't sign up for offers they quit sending emails. -_- I'm not even getting the videos on inboxdollars anymore, but... the cash search option still works so I've been using that to work my way up to $30. Trying to get it so I can concentrate on Swagbucks, OpinionOutpost, Cashcrate and ICS. Those haven't let me down yet and Swagbucks especially can be a pretty decent little money maker.

      Delete
    5. aah, thanks for the tip. I won't bother with those sites if they've become duds.

      Delete
    6. yeah, hardly worth the trouble, but I can't let a combined $45 just disappear. Good luck with the rest, though! I hope it brings you many many polishes. :D

      Delete
    7. oh heck no! Definitely cash out first THEN give em the boot ;) Thanks for the well wishes *gives my fellow polish fiend a high five* a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do!

      Delete
    8. *high five* Absolutely! lol

      Delete

I love hearing from you!