Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a fantastic day. Whether or not you believe or choose to celebrate, still hope you had a good day. I certainly have. Aaron's great and spoils me all the time anyway, but he likes to make today special. So today he did the dishes (YAY!), scrubbed the bathroom and gave me time to play Saints Row the Third for as long as I wanted until I got tired of playing. Instead of the usual box of Whitmans (*drools*) he's been showering me with nail polishes. :D Walgreens has Sinful Colors on sale for 99cents and I've gotten 11 bottles since they went on sale.

(omg I'm so happy. {mostly} While going through the archive at Oooh, Shinies! I came across a post that linked to a blog that had a list of brands of polish that test on animals. I've brought this up before, and I still don't know for sure if Sally Hansen still does or not, but I was very disappointed to find out that NYC {time for a new top coat brand}, Max Factor, Revlon, OPI and a bunch of other companies still do animal testing! The giant relief is that Wet n Wild, essence, Sinful Colors, China Glaze and Ulta do not even get their ingredients from companies that test on animals so they're guilt free! Minus the price on some.... lol)

Anyway, I understand the controversy around Valentine's Day. That it's a "made up" holiday and you shouldn't need a day set aside to express your love and all that. I just think that protesters and celebrants alike just put too much into it. If you don't agree with the day, don't celebrate. But if you hook up with someone who wants to do something special, why argue? If you don't need to be told when to do it, then just do it. It may be another day to you, but to him/her it'll be more special and that should make you happy, too, right? Likewise if you do like to make the day special, you shouldn't have to break yourself like you're making up for being neglectful the whole rest of the year. If you are, then you've got bigger problems than the store running out of 5' teddy bears. I think the thing that bothers me the worst is how hurt some single people get today. Just because you're not "attached" doesn't mean there isn't love in your life. Relax, and spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!