Friday, February 3, 2012

China Glaze - Cha Cha Cha

Ok, I'm coming to terms with the fact that no one is as excited about this color as I am. I mean, seriously, I love this color. It has to be the most beautiful green I have ever seen. But, as usual, when I'm all emotive over something everyone else is all avoidy or too busy or whatever. But that's why I have a blog, right? So I can rant and rave and gush over things that are important to me, even if just for posterity. So, what's all this excitement about?





That. My very first China Glaze polish from yesterday's trip to Ulta. I liked it in the bottle, love it on my nails. I love it so much that last night I dug out my old (old) shimmery hot pink lipstick and caked my lips in pink glitter just so I could get this picture:





I do wish that had been more in focus, because that really was an insane amount of glitter. I practically squeeled when I realized my phone matched my nails, too.





The things we end up taking for granted after a while.... I love this color so much I took this picture just because of how much I liked the contrast between the polish and my Cheetos.





Kind of like the nails/lips contrast only in a different direction. Now... things have gone a tad south. I got my plates from Hong Kong today and... I don't know what happened. I've been eyeballing that pretty brown polish and I really wanted to use the full-nail peace design, but I also really wanted to make sure it would be legible. Then this morning while going through Colette's blog I caught a picture link to another blog with a taping tutorial and got excited about that.... So partway through my stamping-opacity test I ended up doing this:





It's not awful. I do really like the green and brown together. Very earthy in spite of the shiny brilliance of the green. However... my super novice taping skillz have left a bit to be desired.





If I was selling Girl Scout cookies, this would be perfect for the Thin Mints. I have a teensy little problem, though. (yes, aside from my lumpy, non-razor straight design) I got my $35 inboxdollars check today, but money's going to be very tight this week..... and I'm seriously about out of polish remover. I know, I know, that by itself is, like, a dollar and no big deal. Still... I somehow doubt I'll be making my big ol' Sally's shopping trip. *sigh* Oh well, food's good, too.

9 comments:

  1. i like the green! the brown looks more like maroon in the pics. Does it look that way irl? I found all my nail polishes and i really want to play with them...but i just dont have time! Too many boxes to unpack and figure out where to cram the crap! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was noticing that about the pictures. In real life it seriously looks like I dipped my fingers in chocolate. It's called "Chocolate Kiss" and, yeah, it's chocolatey. lol Hurry up and get unpacked so you can do your nails!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Omg that green is amazing! You have created a lemming!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I hope you have your lemming fulfilled. It's even more amazing in person!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I'm saying this but...forget the polish your lip gloss is amazing! Okay and so is the polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's loose glitter. XD I wanted sparkle and that was the only way I could think to get it. Should re-do that pic with my new camera... even if it was an insane pain in the butt to get off.

      Delete
  4. *gasp* Loose...glitter...on...lips *head explodes* This is an amazing idea! And I'm stealing it *snatch!* Thanks!

    Yes you SHOULD redo that pic, it's amazing! And pishaw, we women do lots of things that wind up being a pain in the butt in the name of beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Go for it. Be warned, I had to scrub it off. And yes, we absolutely do some insane things for beauty. XD

      Delete
    2. hehe I definitely will! I LOOVE lip gloss/sparkle. DUDE I can now try for a matching lips/mani look when I do glitter bombs on my nails *dances!*

      Delete

I love hearing from you!