Monday, January 16, 2012

Last (of this) Water Marble

Ok, last two bits about this particular nail polish. I swear. Sandy and I got to talking on facebook this morning and she found this post on Colette's blog. I thought it was a really neat idea. I have stickers! And it would be the perfect chance to try out the vaseline idea with the brush I just picked up. I think there is also going to be a bit of a learning curve for this technique as well. I chose one of the medium-sized flowers off of my Hello Kitty sheet. The design itself wasn't really defined, so I cut around the actual flower to tidy it up a bit.... Didn't really help and didn't quite come out looking the way I pictured in my head.





It does give me a pretty neat idea for Valentine's day, though. If I can find a good heart sticker. I did get a little surprise bonus. I picked up some top coat (didn't realize I didn't have any) and I don't know if you'll be able to see as well in the picture, but it really brings the marble effect together. Like the polish was meant to look that way instead of forced to look that way. If that makes any sense.





Can you see it? It's almost like marble. I'm wondering if I can do the top coat over, like, a sheer and then stamp on top of it and make it look like the stamp is floating. Maybe not, but I'll give it a shot. I also picked up some regular bottled water to try that for my next marble attempt. Whenever that is. Since I went and top coated this one I'll be keeping it until I get my Kitty Plate. Which just made it's way to New Hampshire. And I'm doing that over a solid color so it'll be a bit before I marble again.

Yes, I realize I'm obsessively blogging about my stupid nails. No worries. I'm sure I'll move on to something else soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. ok so i totally failed on my first attempt! i tagged you in some pics. granted i was kinda rushed and had a monkey hanging off my leg while i was trying to do it. I was lazy so i didn't vasaline or tape my fingers! lol the green i used looked like it just dispersed into the water...not a ring like on her video. the burgundy did great... but it didnt matter cuz that was my base coat color! and i had a silver one with glitter...it went into little balls and fell to the bottom of the cup! the other silver is old so i had to thin it out with nail polish remover...gonna play with my other colors tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the first couple of drops will look like they just disperse, but once you start getting more rings, you'll see it on the outside start to come together. It's really a lot harder than the videos make it look. Kudos for trying! :D

      Delete

I love hearing from you!