Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kitty Overload?

Never! It's been a couple of days and there's a perfectly logical explanation for that. As for yesterday, I took care of one of my big, scary chores. Called back the detective (who had the nerve to call while I was out clothes shopping with Brak lol) about Ricky's laptop and then promptly went down and picked it up. At the police station. Downtown. I had myself so worked up and nervous I had to poop twice. Once before I called and once before I left. Turns out the receptionist was nice and so was the detective and the process was really pretty easy. Sign two papers and voila. Of course I was so nervous that when I tried to sign the first paper (while leaning on the laptop which was situated on my lap) my leg was shaking so badly I had to noticeably plant it on the floor so I could write. Ah well. Now I just need to mail it. The post office isn't a picnic either, but far less worrisome than the police station.

But, if that took all of an hour then why have I been gone so long? Well.... I've been in the living room monopolizing the Wii. That's why. My dad offered up some money for Christmas and Aaron spied Hello Kitty Seasons for the Wii on sale. So by their powers combined I've been spending an inordinate amount of time Wii-ing. It's a really fun game, kind of like a Hello Kitty mix of Harvest Moon (one of my all-time favorite games on PS1) and Sim City. You're a normal person who comes to Sanrio Town to be the new assistant (or deputy?) mayor. You wander town helping the citizens (all Sanrio characters), catching butterflies, collecting trading cards, planting/harvesting trees and bushes and flowers, making jams and pies, and expanding the buildings around town. There are tons of minigames, but unless I have to I really only play the one that's a simulated claw-machine. I make the most money off of that one.

I guess all of the excitement over the game is what sorta pushed me into purchasing a $20 Hello Kitty digital camera from Walgreens.... I've been wanting a new camera for a while, but I really should resign myself to the fact that I'm going to be paying at least $60 for a good one. Anyway, even though I've yet to discover where the pictures go when they come off of the camera I do like the nifty software that came with it. I can put Hello Kitty frames around my pictures and even make address labels and name tags. Now I even have an easier way to add text to pictures without having to go through the increasingly touchy paint program. Wanna see my test project?





Lovely. I tried to make an appointment online for this safety recall notice I got for my car. I was expecting some kind of confirmation since they wanted my phone number and email address.... I hope it sticks. Monday at 8am. That is my second big, scary chore. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the first. I'm not counting on it, but hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!