Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

So far the year has started off well enough. Had a pretty good day today. Heard from some friends. Remembered most of my dream. Tomorrow we're dropping my dad back off in Dallas. Aaron's always complaining that we're "in Dallas!" and we always just jump in the car and head back home. So I did some searching around the 'net to find some interesting (and free) stuff to do in Dallas. Like I did with Austin. I thought that would be the hard part. "Free? In Dallas? Surely you jest?" Surely not. There's plenty of free stuff to do in downtown Dallas, apparently. A lot of it is closed on Mondays, but a lot of it is not. No, the problem lies elsewhere. The one thing that had me nervous in Austin. Parking. It seems parking is a big problem in Dallas. As far as I can tell they've upgraded their meters, but I have no idea how long it would take us to do the Artwalk and I'm also worried (after browsing a couple of forums dedicated entirely to parking in downtown Dallas {~worrisome}) about having my car broken into. I also don't know if a parking garage would take cash or if we'd be out of luck without a credit card. Why do these things have to be so difficult? Why can't I just park my damn car without having to worry about it? *sigh* I guess we'll see when we get there. If things are too distressing downtown we'll just check out the big mall uptown. That has it's own parking garage. And it's not a mall it's a galleria which sounds much fancier. Whatever we do I just hope we make it home safely with everything (both biological and mechanical) intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!