Friday, November 18, 2011

Go Away Drama Llama

I don't understand why things have to be so difficult. Tomorrow is definitely going to be a "try to fix this shit" kind of day. Saleen has gone from minor annoyance to true problem. Not really 100% her fault, I suppose. She keeps catching the attention of the pit bull next door. Today that pitbull, who for some reason is named "Butter", barrelled into our yard despite Aaron's attempts to block the hole. Here's where Aaron's ingenuity and determination came into play to save the day. Again.

After the second time the dog got in our yard and wouldn't leave he decided to brave the yard. He went out through our window and jumped the back fence. He then walked up to the Mickey's where the neighbor's lady-friend works. She wasn't there, but another lady who has seen him and her talk a lot was. She got him in touch with the lady-friend (I don't know anybody's name; not being vague on purpose) and she got in touch with the neighbor and the situation is "taken care of". Supposedly the dog won't be allowed outside if nobody's home. We still need to get that cat in the house and somehow try to fix that fence so Butter (rediculous name for this dog; big, mean old pit bull) can't push through. No idea how we're going to pull that off, but we have to. It's through sheer blind luck my mom got sick and didn't end up going out like she had planned.

I'm trying not to think too hard about how lucky we are. Especially going through the blogs and catching bits where we left Elvis outside... *sigh* Feels like someone's tapping at my temple with an ice pick. I don't know how I'm going to trick that cat back into the carrier. The scent of cat food only goes so far. I'd really like to be able to go through a whole month with absolutely nothing happening. I do have a tentative plan. Assuming we can get her back in the house I'm going to lock her up alone in dad's man-cave by herself with food and water so she can get used to being in the house without getting attacked. Oh yes, by Onyx. I didn't see that coming. Have to duct tape my mom's bathroom cabinets closed. That's the only place I can fathom that cat is getting out. Always something.

Did a little housecleaning on facebook. Got rid of some people who were only on there for games I don't play anymore and a few people who really probably shouldn't have been on there in the first place. I just want peace. Peace is nice.

2 comments:

  1. i wish you peace.
    funny about the dog being named butter. ryan and i were just joking about naming the snake that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!