Sunday, October 30, 2011

Digital Wonderland #18

Horses are a lot of work. Did you know that? I didn't know that. Horses are a lot of work. We could keep him stabled, but the only decent place is up by the military base and I really don't like that idea. Puzzle has been so busy caring for Skeeter. She seems happy enough, though. And like I said: She's really good at it.



Monday while I was at work they were doing scans on all of the employees. It was under the guise of making sure the staff was healthy, but as it turns out they're looking into some kind of heart valve research. As the staff member with the healthiest heart I was asked to donate it to the hospital for study. I would be given an artificial heart and monetary compensation. After careful concideration I decided to go for it. I'm not getting any younger and this hospital has given me so much. While I was under the knife Puzzle rode out to the cemetary to find a proper final resting place for Shen's remains.



Spooky, right? I was ordered to stay home and recover for a few days so I spent time with Skeeter, helping with the feeding and brushing. Outside of the hospital I've noticed a drastic increase in the amount of wildlife wandering around the nieghborhood. From stray cats...



to racoons! Look at that little bugger darting behind the stable.



Here's something interesting. Puzzle can make special granola treats for Skeeter! She can, in fact, make all kinds of gourmet treats for animals, but this is the only one that's been useful so far. Skeeter loved it! She just keeps on amazing me.



On my last day of recovery I got a very interesting call from someone I had never expected to hear from again. That criminal fellow, Dewey. Apparently his dog had puppies and he wanted me to come by and see if I wanted one.



Of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to see a fresh litter of puppies. Then, ya know, once I saw them I just couldn't go back home empty handed. Especially when this little guy tried following me! Who's a cutey little puppy? You's a cutey little puppy!!



So now we have a puppy. His name is Jack and he's already made himself completely at home. Luckily I found a delightful pet supply store online and was able to have a bed and some chew toys and a food dish delivered immediately. With any luck we can keep him from demolishing the furniture.



Been so busy with all of the excitement going on around here I totally forgot my birthday was coming up. So this is what it's like to be an elder sim? Hrm. I don't think I like it too much. I guess we'll see how badly work kicks my butt before I decide if I want to retire or not. At least I'll have plenty at home to keep myself occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!