Monday, October 10, 2011

Digital Wonderland #12

Oh yes, I'm still around. Still super busy with work, but still here. I think there may be something wrong with my fridge, though. After breakfast, brunch seems to last until dinner so I don't get to serve lunch. I did find a partial remedy for this buy buying myself a nice, fancy grill! Here I am using a grill for the first time, and also making Cheesesteak for the first time. They turned out wonderfully and didn't even burn a little!



April ended up having a little mini-adventure this past weekend. She got a call from the science facility concerning her imaginary friend. They believe they've unlocked the secret to making it real! They needed a rainbow gem, however, so she went out to the gem mine behind the Prosper Room (a swanky, celebrity-only club by the movie lot) and was digging through the gems all night. She pitched a tent and didn't think twice about her midnight curfew.



That is until the police showed up. I don't know how they knew she was there, or underage. I didn't say anything. After going to France by herself I wasn't the least bit worried about her, but I guess rules are rules.



Her father was not quite as understanding. He was livid at having been woken up in the middle of the night by the police pounding on the door. He tore into her something awful and grounded her for the rest of the weekend.



Since she couldn't go out to resume her search for that rare rainbow gem, she got to work on the training dummy. After watering my nectar grapes (I can't believe they're still alive!) I headed out to see if I could find the gem for her.



After a bit of poking around I finally found one and rushed home. I'm anxious to meet this friend she calls "Puzzle". I noticed Shen was planted in front of the computer (learning the writing skill) so I told her she was off the hook for now. She could go to the science lab and get her potion, but she had to return straight home and get back to being grounded. I think it was the right thing to do. I hear imaginary friends age with their simly friends and Puzzle should get the chance to go to school like everybody else.



She did as I asked, going straight there and coming straight back. She held off on giving the potion to Puzzle, though. I spent all weekend trying to figure out why until it finally hit me. Duh, if she gives it to him/her now then Shen will know I let her out. Whoops.



I got a call from the hospital's pharmaceutical department who is hoping to do some experiment or other concerning Egyptian scarab beetles. Well, I haven't been to Egypt yet. Why not? I packed up and headed into the desert to track down the little green buggers. Unfortunately in the three days I had I could only find 4 out of the 6 I need so I'll have to go back at some point.



I did have a stroke of luck while book shopping. I mentioned to the book vendor that I was a nectar maker and he said there was a little oasis across the river where pomegranate trees grow. He's always wondered what pomegranate nectar would taste like. After loading myself up with some new books I headed straight over to harvest some of these foreign fruits for nectar experimentation. I'll have to remember to bring a bottle back with me for him to try.



While I was waiting for the scarab beetles to show their little faces I took on a couple of tasks for the locals, increasing my Visa level. Hopefully when I come back I'll be able to sit back and enjoy some of these amazing sights I've only just been able to glance in passing. Al Simhara is truly a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!