Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy September

Wow..... Not entirely sure I like the new layout, but at least my blog looks the same, so . . . . guess I'll get used to this eventually. So white. It's still miserably hot in the great state of Texas. I'm glad I didn't let myself get excited at the prospect of "highs in the upper 90s" this weekend. Or the 20% chance of rain that was supposed to start tomorrow. Why not? Well, because we're back to highs of 101 (minimum) and they keep chopping down both the chance and amount of days we're "supposed" to get rain. I kinda knew that was coming. Would have been nice. The Autumnal Equinox is on the 23rd of September this year, but the past 21 years or so (2011-1992=19.... 19 years) have taught me that the "beginning of fall" doesn't necessarily herald the beginning of rain or cooler weather. Yet, I hope. I'd even settle for a high of 95 and a low of 70 and that would be fantastic. Yes, I am well aware of the fact that by mid-winter (that one week at the end of January :p) I'll be complaining about how cold it is. For now, however, I maintain that the sun hates us and it's been too hot for too long.

I am loving the green smoothies. They have become my best friend. I mix up one when I wake up, drink half of it before dinner and the other half after. This works well since I usually wake up around noonish or so. It would technically be lunch, but it's like my breakfast. Then I have dinner for lunch and the rest of my smoothie for dinner. I haven't been getting that "rocks in my gut" feeling from eating solid food and since I'm putting something in my stomach I don't get hungry. Not like before when "dinner" was the only meal I ate. It's also much easier to limit my caloric intake and I've lost 2 more pounds (down to 147.6!) without the benefit of excersize. Since it's the beginning of a new month, though, I think it's a good time to start getting in the habit of doing something regularly. Regardless of the oppressive heat. I think, perhaps, yoga. While my mom naps I can do that in the living room where it isn't too hot. Then we'll see what sort of weather October brings if I do something more strenuous during those fitness-hating "colder" months. You know, where it's so cold you just want to curl up under the blankets and there's so many holidays you just stuff yourself and OMG I've gained 20lbs? Yeah. A nice filling smoothie in my belly should repell any turkey/taters/pie onslaught better than showing up at the inlaws with an empty stomach. Gotta think ahead!

I know I haven't had a sim update in a while. Been a bit on the busy side. I had fully intended to do some hardcore simming today (yesterday), but I ended up working on building up at least the basic outline of "Rittan Manor" and Frankenputer didn't take too kindly to all that building. So I saved and quit (had some bills to pay anyway) and now here I am. Sims Social is finally fixed so I can play that again which means proper simming is intermittant again. *phooey* And, ya know, there's chores and other real life activities that always seem to muscle their way in. Darn you real life!! I should probably regulate my sim time (online and off) anyway to embrace those things in real life that need to be done. It's just so hard.

So.... What are my goals for September? I guess one of them would be to continue my smoothie-a-day. The other would be to have completely quit smoking by the end of the month. Hopefully by the end of the day. It's the beginning of the month, right? What better time could there be? I'd also like to get in 30 straight days of yoga. I've still been doing those bicycle crunches every other day or so in the hallway when nobody's looking. Keeps me from feeling too fat. So I'd like to keep up with that more regularly as well. I know it's kind of random and not the best fitness method, but anything is better than nothing. Right? Right. I'd like to get back into some kind of Rosetta Stone groove. I do have a German "Word of the Day" that pops up on my facebook, but it's not quite the same. Would still like to properly publish a full-length German language blog in the near future. Can't do that if I neglect my studies. So, what do we have, then?

  • Daily Green Smoothie
  • Daily Yoga
  • Daily German lesson
  • Stop Smoking

That's not too much at once, is it? I'm already doing that smoothies, so that's more a continuation of what I've more or less established. Those last three.... those will be the challange. And now, apparently, I have to add in the line breaks and I'm not getting paragraph indents.... Did I have those before? I don't remember. Anyway, I hope I remember that. Thanks blogger. Just, please, don't change your captcha. So many of those are so hard to decode......

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good plan for the fall. :) i'll be looking forward to having ryan decode the full-german blog. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I may do a concurrent English language post for the non-German reading public. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!