Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Digital Wonderland #7

As lovely as France was, it's always good to be back home. Especially this time around. Not only did I have a couple of nectar racks and several bottles of nectar; I now have my very own nectar cellar! Poor Shen about broke his back carting my nectar maker down there, but it really completes the room, don't you think?







While he went off to the day spa to get a super swedish massage, I stayed behind to arrange things with the adoption agency. It was really easy! I decided I wanted a little girl, and a child. Babies are cute, but children are less likely to be adopted so I felt like it was the right decision. Especially when she ran in the house and leapt on me! Her name is Arianna Su. She's kind of a Slob, but she's also a natural Angler and very Exciteable. Oh, and her favorite food is Dim Sum, so I guess when Shen visits his brother in China I'll have him pick up the recipe book for me.







It must have been a long day for Arianna because she was starving. Just look at her tear into that leftover wedding cake! Good thing all the dishes I make are organic and healthy with an appetite like that.







Shen came home and she greeted him equally exhuberantly. He showed her around the house and helped her pick out a new outfit and hairstyle. While they sat and watched some tv I went down to try out my upgraded nectar maker. I may have to install some sort of ventilation system. I don't remember getting this queasy while nectar making in Champs le Sims....







When bedtime came around Arianna didn't put up a fuss. She likes having her very own bed in her very own room. Look at her sleeping so peacefully. And possibly dreaming about her first day of school tomorrow.







It was a bit of an adjustment for Shen and myself getting back into our old routines. Not so much for Arianna. She was up, showered, dressed and ready to go. I hope she has a fantastic first day.







With the house to myself and nothing else to do I whipped up another batch of nectar. While I was squishing the grapes I thought that better quality grapes should naturally make better quality nectar. So I took a couple of bunches and planted them in the yard. I guess we'll soon find out if I'm any good at gardening. After laying a bit of fertilizer I got a call from the school (already?) asking if I'd bake some cookies for their bake sale. Of course I would! First I had to go and buy a recipe book.







The bookstore was super crowded so I wasn't home to greet Arianna. Fortunately Shen's carpool was right behind her bus because suddenly something very strange happened and it got very dark. What's that unusual shadow on the ground there?







HOLY CRAP!!!







Without (much) warning a giant meteor plummeted from the sky and landed right in the middle of the street in front of our house! I was just returning from the bookstore, but Shen and Arianna were both singed from the explosion. So, too, was Cedrick Goldstein; a local celebrity who just happened to be biking past as the meteor came crashing down.







I am so thankful that the three of us were there to put out all of those fires. Yes, three. I guess Cedrick must be Brave too, because he pitched in as well. Poor Arianna was so shaken she could barely move.







Once the fires were all extinguished we stood around a bit chatting about how lucky we all were that nobody was seriously hurt. Cedrick took his leave to go clean up and Shen and Arianna cleaned up as well. Poor Shen had to go right to bed, work starts early in the army.







And unfortunately for Arianna "a meteor landed on my house" is not an acceptable excuse for not having one's homework finished. So we got that taken care of and both went to bed ourselves. What a day this was! I'm almost afraid of what tomorrow has in store.






1 comment:

I love hearing from you!