Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sim Search #3



Oh. There you are. I was wondering when you'd show back up. Want to know what's been going on in the mysterious ghost town don't ya? Well, I tell ya, I never saw this coming.



I decided to trek across the whole damn town and check every single house for their mail. I don't know why, but something in my gut told me that was the key. Why wasn't any being delivered? Why do I have power and water, but nobody's sent me a bill?



I stopped midway through town and made myself a nice grilled cheese at this swanky cafe on the rich side of town. What?! I haven't had anybody to talk to for weeks! And it was a damn good sandwich if I do say so myself. And it might even be an important part of the story if you'd quite giving me that look long enough to let me finish.



What was I saying? Oh yes, the sandwich. I sat eating it and watching the sun set across an empty lot. . . except it wasn't really empty. There was some kind of glare reflecting right into my eyes. I finished my grilled cheese and sauntered in the direction of the lot to investigate (because that's what I do) the source of that maddening glare.



I was quite surprised to discover the source was a mailbox. Who puts a mailbox on an empty lot? Apparently somebody did, and a mailbox means an address. With no water or light bills clogging it up I was curious to see if there was anything more enlightening to be found. Wait a second. . . . Geoffrey Landgraab? Who the hell is Geoffrey Landgraab?! And why is this official looking envelope coming from him to an empty lot?



I immediately called up the office and explained what I had found. I didn't know what it meant, yet, but I knew it meant something! It had to, those Landgraabs are always up to something. Turns out Geoffrey Landgraab is the owner of the only set of fingerprints found in every home I dusted. But why? Who is he? And what does he have to do with the disappearance of a town full of people? I intended to find out.



I recieved this fax the next morning. So . . . Geoffrey isn't even a proper Landgraab. He married Nancy Landgraab and took her last name. Can't say I blame him. Name like that's got a lotta weight. The mystery letter was a simple "We have business to discuss", but it came with a phone number. I didn't call off the bat. Instead I got the address belonging to the phone and headed over to see what I could find.



There was a lot of trash in there.... No recent newspapers, but definitely some apple cores and coffee filters that were not 3 weeks old. Someone's been here! I didn't see any cars or notice movements in the windows so I called my office for backup then dialed up Mr. Geoffrey Landgraab to set up a meeting.



What's that? "Hey Jack, you ain't got jack" you say? Ok, I'll give you that one. Turns out it didn't matter. When Geoffrey saw me pull up with a fleet of cops behind me he froze! Apparently marriage doesn't give you those Landgraab balls. I confronted him with the evidence I did have and he didn't even hesitate before wetting himself a little and spilling the beans. The Landgraab empire wanted a town exclusively theirs and Geoffrey was sent to make it happen. To prove he could *ahem* "grab that land". Odd lot. He went on and on about threats and low estimates and coercing old ladies and even violence to get the residents out of their homes.

So what's happened with the town now? Well.... a skeleton crew of cops and firemen were brought in and I was appointed to town council and put in charge of all those "evidence" properties. Since the case was closed it was time to repopulate. I contacted the former residents, but few were willing to buy back their old houses. They did, however, promise to get the word out about the Moonlit Shores Repopulation Efforts. Sounds like a good start, eh? Now that the Landgraabs' bogart efforts have been thwarted it looks like the god/narrator of this town has come back. Just as well. Soon as somebody moves in to take my place I'm heading back to Bridgeport where the real action is.

2 comments:

  1. sweet family tree! did you make that?
    now let's see how this repopulation goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I can not take credit for it. Stole it from a wiki site.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!