Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Green Smoothie Detox Day 2

Ok, no more cheating. Oh my gawd. I did really good yesterday avoiding the scrumptious looking tuna sandwiches. Today the smell of pizza was just too much. I'm feeling it now, though. Like a giant rock in my gut. I don't care what everyone else is having the next three days it's all smoothies for me.

So how was today's smoothie, you ask? Well, let me tell ya. It was absolutely freakin' delicious. Spinach, strawberries and a peach. I only used a little sliver of the ginger and only the spinach leaves (I had been using the stalks, too) and it wasn't the least bit bitter or unpleasant. Amazing!

Today we hit O'Mart and picked up some more fruits. I got some Fuji apples and apricots. They were on sale. I almost got some mangoes, but I can't really pick mangoes (I do like them, though, just can't pick good ones) and they were kind of old and wrinkly looking. I almost picked up some golden kiwis, but I don't really like regular kiwis so I didn't.

Tomorrow is another day and a fresh start. I can do it! *phew* Now I think I'm going to lay down and let this cursed pizza make it's way through my gut...

1 comment:

  1. yeah.. i confess, i ate an extra piece of chicken, too. :( but just do your best and take it one day at a time. even a partial detox is beneficial.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!