Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Is it karma?

Yes. I was weak. I caved. I can admit it. I'm only human, after all. I sinned against the Natural Nail Gods and they smited me. I was only going to do my toes and then I thought to myself "It's been so long. And it's only translucent glittery pink. That shouldn't do too much damage, right?" Well, maybe not. Until I go to put my sandals on and break a nail. Then while I'm cleaning up the back yard I break another nail. Then later I break another, again, while putting on my sandals. *sigh* I said I was going to keep them shorter, but you know me. So lazy. *winks* One of these days I'll trim the rest of them so they're all the same length again.

Since I dyed my hair back to brown (as close to natural as I can remember it being) I haven't done anything else to it. It's so damaged I'm kind of afraid to mess with it. I haven't even straightened it. I had a little extra money laying around so I shelled out the big bucks for an economy size bottle of Pantene 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for medium-thick frizzy hair. Pantene is really good stuff. And this girl Jori had really nice hair and used to use Pert 2-in-1. And I remember from before (I just searched for the link where I previously blogged it and couldn't find it) that I tend to over-condition my hair and it does better with slightly less, so I thought a 2-in-1 would be a good investment. Unfortunately, either Pantene's 2-in-1 isn't as good as their seperates or my hair is so fried that it's not working yet. So I've also been using this Garnier leave-in smoothing conditioner. That doesn't help so much either. My hair's still a big ol' frizzy mess. Ah well. It's just hair. It'll all grow out eventually.

Ok, it's late and I have a feeling Aaron's going to wake me up in about an hour so I should try to lay down.

1 comment:

  1. if there is a natural nail god, do you think he's seashell pink?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!