Friday, June 3, 2011

Awesomeness Part 27

Well, just when I think things are going okay, the game goes ahead and throws me a curve ball. All of a sudden, out of the blue, Nels comes up and accusses Theta of cheating on him. WTF? Did this happen? I don't remember it. The really distressing part was there wasn't an option for Theta to defend herself. She could either admit to cheating or apologize . . . which is the same as admitting it, right? But she didn't do anything! Luckily between school and extracurriculars I don't think the kids noticed the mounting friction . . . .



Since, apparently, sims can't share a bed when one is feeling "stabbed in the back" regardless of their relationship level Theta decided to head out to her Art Retreat project and work on some art. Turns out jabbing a chisel into a lump of clay can be just as cathartic as pounding on the drums.



As a sort-of side note, EA finally put something into sims that I've been personally begging for for a long time. Bunk beds! I knew they couldn't be that difficult to animate.



During night two of Nels' Silent Treatment, Theta got invited to a party across town. Since the kids are all old enough to take care of themselves (and Nels would be there in case of emergency) she went. Why not? Now I'm not 100% sure why, but she's got social interactions now pertaining to the "school of peace and love" and also has the ability to throw up a peace sign. I think it has something to do with high school graduates getting diplomas now?



She ran into this vampire (whose name escapes me) who was previously antagonistic towards her. I'm not sure what happened, but I know it was a LOOOONG time ago (back in her partying days) so I guess Vamps really do live a long time in Sims. Since they (apparently) got off to a rocky start so many years ago, and after all she has a whole new identity now, Theta befriended this blood sucking fella and then challanged him to a pillow fight. I don't think they end like they do in Sims 2 so I called it a draw when it was obvious he was about to pass out from fatigue.



Friday night was Prom night. Leo was unable to attend since he was doing research at the science facility. Nels Jr went and . . . well . . . he kept getting turned down for dances, but he was voted prom king so . . . I guess that's a draw as well? The positive moodlets lasted longer than the negative so I guess we can call it a good night. And I haven't checked yet, but word has it he found himself a little romantic interest, too.



Now it's Saturday and regardless of the tiff going on between Nels and Theta, she was determined to have her family day at the park. So she piled everyone into this rather interesting looking vehicle and shuttled everyone to the big park in the center of town.



Everyone's looking forward to a fun, relaxing day.



Please, ignore the (vampire) skanks that made their way over and note instead the picnic lunch and . . . fireworks! It's early yet, but setting up early allows for a more thorough safety inspection.



I'm not sure if you can quite make it out, but this little vamp fan was so excited to meet a celebrity that it didn't even register that she was smoldering while he signed an autograph.



Getting out into the fresh air seems to have been good for everybody, though. The younger girls are off playing tag, the boys are discussing books and girls, and Nels apologized to Theta for having doubted her devotion to him. (not really, just the moodlet wore off and an alert came up saying that "Ander" convinced him they could work it out. My ass, I like my version better) Just a few more hours to sunset and the fireworks display.



I know, I know, an odd place to cut it off. Sorry. There is something to look forward to, though. And depending on how much simming I get in it may end up being part of a whole other blog-set (or just random sim snippets). The next ep for Sims 3 is going to be pets! They don't have any actual information on what it's going to include, but I saw the official announcement on the site today. Yippee!!!

2 comments:

  1. No kidding. Hopefully next will be weather and college.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!