Sunday, February 6, 2011

Yeah, I'm awful

  For these past three weeks, at least three times a week, I tell myself "I should get up and blog."  As you can see, it didn't quite work out that way.  Partly because not much has been happening, partly because I haven't been able to find a way to make those things that have been happening interesting to read.  Not like anybody actually reads this, but . . . ya know, for posterity. 

  Elvis isn't doing well.  The honey was helping with the seizures for a while, it doesn't seem to be any more.  On the other hand, if it is helping then I shudder to think how bad things could be.  The other night he had two concurrently.  It was heart-wrenching to watch and I thought for sure it would be the end.  It was not.  Not yet.  I don't know what it is that keeps him going, but I don't know how much longer it's going to hold out either.  I just hope that when the time does come that it's not too terrible.

  Aaron and I went out to Burger King today and actually sat in their dining area to eat.  It was like a victory meal.  There we were with people around sitting and eating like it was normal!  The pictures of our meal can be found here:

 
  I've kind of given up on the ThinkPad at the moment.  I'm resigned to carting the other laptop back and forth for biking and yoga.  At least I get to do the yoga.  It's been so long.  This morning I did "Yoga for Abs" (for beginners) and it wasn't as relaxing as my tape, but was still good to stretch and feel my abs.  Been a long time since that, too.  I have "Stress Relief Yoga" also, so perhaps that will be more relaxing.  I still want to try and find my original tape to download.  I really did like that one.
 
  I guess there's really not too much else going on.  We got snow.  That happened.  Pictures are here:
 
 
Oh, and I've been working through the Rosetta Stone courses for German.  I'm on Unit 2 of Level 1 and it's starting to get a bit difficult.  Not overly hard, but . . . I don't know.  My confidence is not that high.  I'm doing fairly well with reading and matching the pictures.  Grammar is so-so.  But speaking?  Could I put a full sentance together without sounding like a Kind das ist zwei Jahre alt?  I'm not even sure if "das" is the correct word in that context.  Google translate says it should be "ein Kind, zwei Jahre alt ist."  *shrugs*  Practice, practice, practice.

1 comment:

  1. i am so excited about your victory meal! i think about it and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy like a teddy bear with little happy faces blooming off its head. congratulations on your burger king! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!