Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Come a Long Way

  So I was sitting in the bathroom, doing my business, and I began to ponder.  Aaron said his new camera phone has all kinds of cool filters and effects.  I hadn't really explored the options mine had to offer.  Yet.  So with a bit of time on my hands I thought "Now is a good time to check that out."  Which I did.  And was pleasantly surprised.  Sure it's got your basic size/quality/save-to options.  It's also got some color filters.  Black & White, Sepia, Negative (seen below), Green and Aqua.  Not sure why those were the only two colors worthy of being filters, but it's nice to have options.



  Oh, but that's not all.  It will also do a sort of hi-speed deal where it takes 5 or 10 pictures concurrently.  I really like this option.  Means I can take 5 pics at a time and pic the best one out of the subtle little differences.  Hurray for enabling my nitpickiness!  There is also a mosaic feature which allows you to take 9 or 16 different pictures and it assembles them in a grid.  I didn't fully understand what this meant when I took the picture, so all of the images are the same.



  Wait! There's one more thing!  It also has a panorama feature.  You start the picture and move the camera whichever way you want to go and then a red box comes up and you line it up with the center box on the viewfinder.  It does this . . . five times, I think, and auto-compiles it.  Remember, I was in the bathroom.  Guess what you're gonna see?  More of the bathroom!



  It probably works a lot better with more space.  So there you have it.  I will definitely be playing with this some more.

2 comments:

  1. i love the panorama feature and i look forward to seeing more non-bathroom phone pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the panorama, too. I can't wait to get out to the lake and try it out. I do have some more (non-pan) pictures from last night. :-) Nothing fancy, just playing around.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!