Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Day Down

  Is this a good start to the year?  I think it could be.  I got on the bike for half an hour.  Pushed myself the full thirty minutes even though I really didn't want to about halfway through.  I wanted to weigh myself so I'd have a good starting number for the year, but some fatass (or dumbass?) broke the free scale at HEB.  *boo*  I hope they fix it and don't just leave it broken.  I know, I know, "You shouldn't become too focused on the number on the scale."  I know.  Whatever.  I like my numbers.  I did some research for what I need to do to start at CTC in the fall.  Seems like there's so much information, so few answers.  How hard is it to say "Do this first, then this, then this bit here and there you are."?  I looked over the application so it looks like this summer I'll need to get my high school transcript and take the ASSET.  They do that one every Wednesday so it's less I have to try and remember.  I know it's only January and I have plenty of time.  I'm hoping if I can keep going over the information at some point it will all come together and make sense for me.  And this is just for CTC!  What am I going to do when I'm ready to go to UT?!  Hopefully it'll be easier, having already had a college practice run.  I'm also working on the kitchen.  I hope that soon we'll be able to start moving stuff into the SPARE ROOM so it's not all sitting out looking tacky and taking up space.  Would be nice if we could move enough in there to severely discourage her from trying to move someone else in.  Yeah . . .  would be really nice.

  Today is Aaron's first fasting day before surgery.  He hasn't been up terribly long so it's hard to gauge how it's going.  As long as he can make it 38 more hours then the rest is up to the hospital.  I'm a little nervous.  I will admit that.  Not about the procedure itself as much.  Just about the day in general.  I'm going to have three people to keep tabs on (myself included) and on top of that I'm going to have to check back here from time to time.  I just have to trust that it will all be okay and everything will work out and once it's over . . . . it's over.  In the good kind of way.

  Well, time to check on the dishes.  I wish the washing machine was working the way it's supposed to, but I guess not draining is better than not working at all.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep up this momentum and good things are coming for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!