Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keep on Truckin'

  Almost a week and a half into recovery.  He's been adding real foods to his diet and handling them quite well.  Today and yesterday we ate the same thing for dinner.  That hasn't happened since mid-November.  A very good sign.  He's even opted to take his Prilosec without my crushing it up first.  The surgical tape is off and he's done with the bandaids.  At the moment, at least.  They're good and scabbed over but I'm sure if his shirt or something starts tugging the scab he'll protect it.  He's still got occassion achy complaints but definitely in much better shape than he was even just a couple days ago.  Every day he makes noticeable progress.

  I'm doing okay.  Trying really hard to be strong and brave and optimistic for my loved ones.  It's not always easy and sometimes I get emotionally drained, but I'm soldiering through.  Super hot shower and some upbeat musics (believe it or not it was country that did the trick this time) and I'm good for another round.  Even so . . . I wish it wasn't so cold out.  I don't like not getting on the bike.  And I don't like getting on the bike when it's freezing out.  I wish I wasn't tired all the time and I wish I didn't feel like such a lazy fatass.  But . . . like my grandpa used to say "Wish in one hand, shit in the other.  See which one fills faster."  All I can do is what I can do, right?

  Since adding the honey to his diet Elvis has been doing a bit better.  No seizures.  The pumpkin has helped him poop easier, but we've run out of that 'til Friday.  Would still be nice if he'd sleep.  Really sleep.  These 15-30 minute bursts are killing me.  His leg hole is almost healed up.  He's done so well concidering what it looked like to start with.  He's just being a hardass with this last little bit.  It doesn't make any sense.

  I made a 10 item to-do list for tonight.  This was one thing so now I can cross that off.  After I deal with Elvis I'll sweep up the kitchen then update my website.  If I weren't so tired (and uninspired) maybe I could add something other than just my blog archive.  Ah well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!