Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Holidays Approach

  A Happy Chanukah to those who celebrate.  This seems to be the year for holiday good cheer.  Aaron is working on the porch like never before.  It looks quite nice so far.  I'm eager to see how it turns out.  I'm still not fully in the "Christmas Spirit", but I am trying for him. 
 
  Almost done with my hair.  Shame the roots are coming in so quickly, but I should have a good month or so of absolutely fabulous hair.  ;-)  Green up top, purple on the bottom.  I do love the colors.  Hopefully while my dad's home we'll be able to fix the dishwasher.  He thinks we can at least pull it apart and put it together again, so it's worth a shot. 

  Thankfully, blessedly, Elvis has been sleeping.  Such a relief.  Not that we want him knocked out 24/7, but it is pleasant to have time to ourselves.  His leg-hole is almost fully healed.  His fur isn't quite growing in the way it should, but . . . . that's not a great concern, I suppose.  I know a dog's fur is an indicator of it's health, but we already know he's old and not-quite-well so it's one of those things, I suppose.  We keep him fed and watered and try to make him as comfortable as possible and that's about all we can do.

  I'm trying to keep calm and not let the "extra company" get to me too badly.  Though, I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If I wanted screaming children in the house then I'd make 'em myself!"  Awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!