Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back Again

Some days are more than others. More anything, ya know? Some are more depressing, some more random, some more fulfilling. Lately my days have been squishing together without much to differentiate one from the other. I know today is Tuesday because I looked at the calendar, but yesterday I did not know it was Monday until RAW came on. Even then it could have been some early morning re-run had the sun not still been up.

Anyway, a couple days ago I got fed up with facebook trying to push it's "friend finder" on me. I relented with the assumption that it would find nobody I wanted on my friend list, being that 98% of my address book is comprised of long dormant group members. Instead I was surprised when John/Ken came up. I checked his "wall" figuring he had last been active months or even years ago. Again, I was wrong. So I sent him a friend request, figuring it would be weeks (if ever) that he accepted, and longer still to hear from him. Ah, wrong again. (I really should learn not to assume) It is quite comforting that while we may not be your traditional "friends" that we can still speak/write after a 10 year hiatus. I mean, we've known each other since second grade and while a lot has changed . . . . it's comforting. Like knowing your family will always be there for you.

Elvis is maintaining. Not really better, not really worse. His abscess hole is healing quite nicely. It's his rugburn that is problematic. Ya know, since he continually drags himself across the floor trying to stand. We're doing what we can, though. Including trying to catch him early to help him stand. Have I mentioned his eye drops and joint liquid? He's on those. We don't have unnaturally high hopes. Just a standard of "if it's not hurting him we may as well try." Since the eye drops aren't burning him and the liquid isn't giving him diahrea, we're continuing on.

I'm currently reading Hamlet. Yes, really. Yes, all on my own. I enjoyed it the first time and I'm enjoying it more now. I understand it now without Mrs. Garner explaining every other line to the whole class. (Yes, Brak, I believe Walter and I were in English together. I forgot to add that.) My motivation is to re-watch Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and understand both the references to the play and the actual jokes at the same time. I started 3 days ago and am into Act 3.

In these trying times I take joy in what I can. My ongoing job search is not one of those joys, but alas, it must be done. A hearty thanks to those who have wished me good luck on that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!