Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sweet & Sour

Good for chicken, frustrating for life. A little catch-up (I know, I've been away a long time): For a couple of months now I've been on the stationary bike for 30-35 minutes every morning, I just restarted yoga afterwards this morning. From the ages of 12 to 19 I weighed around 135lbs with very little fluctuation. After I married Aaron and he started feeding me such good foods I started to gain weight. Regularly. He's always found me attractive so I didn't mind too much. Until I found I needed new pants. We went to Steve & Barry's and I cried when I learned I needed a size 18 and then weighed myself and tipped the scale at 183. I tried eating less and working out sporadically. Nothing serious because, let's face it, there's a lot of stuff to worry about.

Then came the infamous POD. One of the treasures was the stationary bike. Remember my fake trip to the coast? Well, after all that work a couple of months ago I weighed myself for the first time in possibly years and was shocked to find I'd come down to 174. Nine whole pounds. This gave me hope. From that point I officially started working on trying to get back down to at least 140. So, 30-35 minutes each morning. A little something for breakfast and lunch and no finishing Aaron's dinner for him no matter how good it is or how much is left. Leftovers are not evil and throwing out uneaten food is not a sin.

Recently I've decided to try out the "Activia Challenge". See if maybe my digestive problems could be tied into some of this extra weight. Since the end of April I've been steadily losing a pound or so a week. Not too shabby. On day 4 of the Activia challenge I discovered I'd lost 3 lbs in 2 days. Always, of course, assuming the scale doesn't need to be recallibrated after all the mega-fatties I've seen using the attached heart monitor. I can kind of see a difference, but being as I'm down 25lbs from my fattest . . . I dunno. I'm starting to doubt the scale. That's why I added the yoga. Partly because I love it and it feels so good, partly for more muscle toning.

So, that last weigh in was last night. I'm on the fence between being super excited about being back under 160 and distrusting the scale I've held so dear this past month and a half. Even so I decided to celebrate with some new hair. If I can stop sweating for 2 seconds I'll throw on some make-up and take some pics.

Coming up next: Lizzy's Fantastic Pierogi Recipe ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!