Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Navel Battle

Once upon a time, a long long time ago; I was young and stupid. Even though I've never been in "great" shape and don't generally show off my lack of abs, I've always wanted my belly button pierced. As a teenager I was determined to make that happen. Yes, with ice and a safety pin. I got the safety pin through but had no way to get the piercing through. And so the hole closed up.


Then after I turned 18 I decided to go get it professionally done. Saved up my nickels and pulled a name out of the phone book. The place went under shortly after so, again, not the wisest decision. The procedure went well . . . . aside from the guy getting distracted a couple of times. The first night, though, there were problems. The biggest probably being that I sleep 3/4 on my stomach. That first night the ring started going sideways and things were never the same. It never quite healed thanks to all the movement and eventually became horribly infected. Aaron made me take it out. I didn't want to, but I knew it was the best thing. Again it healed.

Which brings us to last night. Went back to Tammy (who, if you recall, pierced my labia) because she's good and I trust her. She was concerned about the scar tissue but we figured it would be okay to just punch right through. Which, as it turns out, was kind of a mistake. There was so much scar tissue! Almost straight through. The needle didn't pull any of it out when it went through. So most of the night was spent with her trying to push the plug of tissue through the hole with the ring. (half-ring I learned from last time) That was an ordeal I won't be repeating. I don't think she will either. When she finally got through there was a loud POP. Amazingly as long as it took and as hard as it was getting through . . . . it didn't hurt as much as I expected it to. I do feel bad that it ended up being such a difficult process. Just going to have to make triple sure this thing heals properly because I just can't (won't!) put her through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!