Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Loyalty

I don't know if I'm an unusual case. But when I dedicate myself to something, be it another person, a cause or even some idea, I'm in 110%. There are even people removed from my life under unsavory circumstances who I still hope find peace in their lives. That's just how I am. I've met a lot of people in my life. So many. From all over the globe. Most have been merely acquaintances. A decent chunk I have been lucky enough to call friends. I would never intentionally betray a friend, they are too precious a commodity. Of these friends, there are a select few who, for some reason or other and through no coersion on their own behalf, have garnered my undying loyalty and dedication.

To be exact, there are 4 such people. For reasons I don't even fully understand, and as individual as they are, these 4 have become almost a part of me. I'm not normally empathic (to be honest, I normally don't bother caring) but when they are sad or happy or angry, I'm there with them. I would do anything in my power to help them and grow frustrated and indignant when there is little I can do. These people are in a unique position in that whatever they ask, I will do. Or, at least, give it my very best effort. The thing that is really mindblowing is the confirmation that my loyalties are not misplaced is that under normal circumstances these 4 let me run free, be who I am and love me for it in return. Only rarely do they pull rank and override my decisions. This, is precious indeed.

So, it goes without saying that when any of these people are heading towards danger or heartbreak my initial instinct is to spring into action to try and avoid the situation. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I come across new information (or a roadblock) and need to change tactics, but don't think I'm backing down. Not even close. Because my resolve is firm and my course is set. Know, you, that what I do I do out of love for those ranked top in my life. No matter how close we are or may have been, they will always take precedence and any slight against them is a slight against me; and I will take it very personally. Whether you think it's my business or not. My invested time and efforts have made it my business. So, I will do as I'm asked. But when the time comes I will do what needs to be done. Because that's how I am, and that's how it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!